Friday, March 29, 2013

What went wrong?

Last night after the Mass of the Lord's Supper at Saint Rose, I asked our seminarian, who is staying at the parish over his break, "how bad was it?" 

He stared blankly at me. "How bad was what?"

"The Mass? How bad?"

"The Mass was great. What are you talking about?"

"You didn't notice the miscues?"

"A few."

"Didn't they distract others from prayer?"

"No, I don't think so."

So I'm glad. For whatever reason, I was off my game, and muffed a few things at the altar--including using some phrasing from the old Mass translation. 

Oh, and setting off the smoke alarm at the end. That added something to the Mass.

But I was in the confessional for an hour after Mass. As our seminarian pointed out, that's a more meaningful sign, isn't it?

Indeed it is.

No comments: