Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What's going on here

These days things are winding down somewhat, although I still have a few irons in the fire.

Over the summer, we'll have three seminarians staying here. This is made possible because a parishioner, many years back, set up a fund at each parish, to help seminarians. So we use the funds to give them summer employment--good for the men, good for the parishes.

Today, I met with members of the staff to identify various projects, which I turned over to the three seminarians so they can organize their summer. We'll get things in good order in the school, we'll have their help at the festivals and Vacation Bible School, they'll make some communion calls and help with some maintenance items, help plan a couple of things--all good and realistic experiences in parish life.

I also had a few emails and phone calls to deal with, as well as one appointment. Tonight, I have the "graduation Mass" for the eighth graders. And so it goes. Nothing else on the calendar, a light day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone deserves a "light day" once in a while, especially a busy priest. Enjoy, Father.

TerryC said...

I think that it's wonderful that young men in formation get a chance to see what a parish priest does over a period of weeks or months.
It can only help make them better men and better priest.
I must say that I think the three are lucky to be able to work with a strong, orthodox priest such as yourself.
I'll keep all four of you in my prayers this summer.