Saturday, August 19, 2006

Zwingli, sweet chariot

Duchessof, who visits here frequently, kindly sent along a check at my request for funds for painting our gym ($3,500 raised, another $12,500 to go), on the stipulation that I would say something nice about, um, er...

Oh, what's his name now? One of those Protestant rebels, um . . .

No, not the monk . . .

No, not the guy in Geneva . . .

Dang! It's hell getting old . . . can't remember worth a . . .

Oh yeah -- HUS! That was it . . . No--wait . . .

"Sing-free" . . . Ink-tree . . . Twink-blee . . .

"Father, do you mean 'Zwingli'?

Huh? No, that's not it . . . lemme think . . .

1 comment:

dutch said...

Thanks Father, for making me laugh at you. I mean with you. :D

I actually posted a link to your popular blog from my rather un-read-much blog.

It made my day. Thank you. Appreciate it.